STRAWBERRY MOUSSE WITH BASIL BERRY SALAD
Inspired by Disney's locally produced live action show Disney's Cookabout - we are sharing with you some of their healthy and oh-so delicious recipes that were featured on the recent season of the show. The cooking show sees kids learn where our food comes from, visiting farms around the country before heading back to the kitchen to learn to cook with the ingredients.
- STRAWBERRY MOUSSE
- 120 g ripe strawberries washed, hulled and halved
- 120 g low fat yoghurt
- 100 g mascarpone cheese
- Pinch vanilla seeds or a ¼ vanilla pod
- 30 ml honey
- BASIL BERRY SALAD
- 100 g mixed berries
- 30 ml passion fruit pulp
- 4 basil leaves torn
- Extra basil for serving
- Puree the strawberries in a blender and keep aside. Beat together the yoghurt, mascarpone, vanilla seeds and the honey until it is thick and fluffy. Use an electric beater.
- Place in the fridge for 15 minutes to set. Meanwhile make the basil berry salad by cutting the berries into halves and quarters.
- Add the passion fruit pulp and the basil and mix gently. Keep aside.
- Spoon the mousse into 2 pretty serving glasses, and layer with some of the strawberry puree.
- Gently spoon the basil berry salad on top of the mousse.
- Pour the left-over strawberry puree into a small jug and serve on the side.
- Garnish with extra basil just before serving.
RECIPE: CHRISTINE CAPENDALE IMAGES: ANITA REED/DISNEY CHANNEL CREDIT: DISNEY CHANNEL