OLIVE TAPENADE CRUNCH LAMB CUTLETS – SERVED WITH OLIVE, FIG AND BABY MOZZARELLA SALAD
This recipe was featured on season 2 of Disney's locally produced live action show Disney's Cookabout. This season had the contestants cooking dishes that drew inspiration from specially chosen ingredients and recreating delicious and healthy recipes from around the world. The contestants visited locations around Cape Town to discover where the food on our tables come from. On their visit to Hillcrest Olive Farm in Durbanville the contestants learnt all about growing and pitting different varieties of olives before replicating this delightful dish
- 4 trimmed lamb cutlets chops
- 15 ml olive tapenade
- 50 ml flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 150 ml breadcrumbs
- 15 g finely grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper for seasoning only
- 20 ml olive oil
- 120 g baby figs halved
- 20 g baby salad leaves
- 60 g kalamata olives
- 90 g bocconcini cheese baby mozzarella
- ½ avocado peeled and sliced
- 7,5 ml reduced balsamic vinegar
- Spread the olive tapenade evenly over the lamb cutlets.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs & grated parmesan cheese and place on a plate.
- Coat the lamb cutlets with flour, shake off excess flour and then dip into the egg mixture
- Coat the lamb cutlets with the breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat 15 ml of the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat and cook the lamb cutlets about 5 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towel.
- While the lamb cutlets cook – make the salad by combining the figs, salad leaves, olives, avocado slices and the bocconcini cheese.
- Drizzle 5 ml olive oil and reduced balsamic vinegar over the salad.
RECIPE: CHROISTINE CAPENDALE IMAGES: ANITA REED/DISNEY CHANNEL Credit: Disney Channel