Classic Snickerdoodels Recipe
This quick and easy Snickerdoodles cookies recipe yields soft and chewy cookies with crispy, sugary tops. Snickerdoodle recipe without cream of tartar included.
- 2 3/4 Cup Flower All-purpose
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Butter Unsalted
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 1 Egg Yolk From Large Egg
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 Tsp Creaam of Tratar
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Cinnamon Powder Depending on preference
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and mix until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Dump this dry mixture into the wet mixture and mix until just combined. Don't over-mix!
- Chill this dough for at least an hour.
- Scoop out small portions of the dough and shape them into small balls.
- Roll them in a bowl of cinnamon sugar. Place them on a cookie tray, lined with parchment paper. If you like, you can flatten them slightly with the palm of your hands (results in thinner cookies).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are firm and golden brown and the centers are slightly soft. Enjoy!
- Read all my tips above.
- Leftovers can be stored in a cookie jar at room temperature for up to 3 days.